Wednesday, April 6, 2011

“There Has Been More Technological Improvement In The Last 50 Years Than In The Previous 5,000

“There has been more technological improvement in the last 50 years than in the previous 5,000,” asserts Patrick Cox, co-editor of Technology Profits

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the Jetsons is a prime-time animated sitcom that was produced by Hanna-Barbera, originally airing from 1962–1963 and again from 1985–1987. It was Hanna-Barbera’s Space Age counterpart to The Flintstones, a half-hour family sitcom projecting contemporary American culture and lifestyle into another time period.[2] While the Flintstones live in a world with machines powered by birds and dinosaurs, the Jetsons live in a futuristic utopia in the year 2062[3] of elaborate robotic contraptions, aliens, holograms, and whimsical inventions.[4] The original incarnation of the series aired Sunday nights on ABC from September 23, 1962, to March 3, 1963.
I start this post referring to the quote by Patrick Cox and the Hanna-Barbera cartoon The Jetsons to give us an appreciation of just how fast technology is moving. Think about that.......more technological advancement in the last 50 years than in the last 5,000.  That is something to critically think about. As I write this post I am surrounded by a Yamaha E413 Musical Keyboard, my Iphone which has over 300 songs downloaded on it sitting on a docking station with speakers, a Dell Inspiron CPU, Digidesign Pro Tools software, Rosetta Stone Spanish Language software, Microsoft Flight Simulator X along with the Flight Sim Yoke and rudder pedals, Playstation II  and the list goes on and on.

Think about it, there are children today who do not know what an 8-track tape or 45 RPM recording is. For some, they barely know what an audio cassette is. In every field or industry we are technologically whizzing along. The Jetsons aired in 1962 and who could have known just how prophetic that little cartoon was.

<><>
Go Up On The Third Limb
For me personally, I love the technology, but it MUST be used responsibly and for good. The social media developments are awesome when used correctly. I am having so much fun with the technology that I have been able to write and produce my first original instrumental jazz CD  Go Up On The Third Limb, Enhance my radio show, The Reading Circle with Marc Medley, write a blog (The Critical Thinker) that is read all over the world and just recently moved the blog up off of the written pages with the addition of The Critical Thinker Video Blog on YouTube and Ustream.  Be sure to tune in to not only read The Critical Thinker but to hear him give you things to ask yourself "Does that make sense to you?"



I thank God for the technology and everything that we can now do. If little ol' me can do all of this with my limited technological knowledge, think what technology can do in terms of saving lives. Conversely, think of what it can do in taking lives as well, i.e. war weaponry but we won't go there, we will keep it positive.

If you are interested in obtaining a copy of my CD Go Up On The Third Limb it is available for purchase from this site and The Reading Circle website at http://www.thereadingcircle01.com/. Purchases may be made through PayPal. I will also keep you posted each time I film the video version of The Critical Thinker. Until then enjoy the technology that God has blessed us with and use it responsibly.  I know I will.  As always, I appreciate your feedback via the comment section of the blog.

No comments: