- Reporters and activists were outraged that White House press secretary Sean Spicer was curt with American Urban Radio Networks correspondent April Ryan during Tuesday's press briefing, and told her to please stop shaking her head.
- President Donald Trump on Thursday asked April Ryan, an African-American reporter and longtime White House correspondent, if she would arrange for him a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus.
- “The O’Reilly Factor” host Bill O’Reilly said in response to a clip of Maxine Waters that he “didn’t hear a word” she said because he was “looking at the James Brown wig,” referring to her hair.
- A white man from Maryland who told police he traveled to New York to kill black men turned himself in on Wednesday, about 24 hours after he fatally stabbed a man he encountered on the street, officials said. Authorities described the suspected attacker as someone who had long harbored feelings of hatred toward black men before violently acting on them this week. Police said he carried out the attack in a way that intended to draw attention.
- A woman walking on a sidewalk in Queens was shot in the face with a BB gun by men laughing and yelling an anti-Latino slur from their car, police say.
- "This is a new low," he [Michael Flynn] said, retweeting a message that read: "Not anymore, Jews. Not anymore."
Unfortunately, the list of hatred can go on and on. SLATE, an online magazine is keeping a running tally of the hate crimes that are occurring in a similar manner to how I started this post in an article Hate in America an updating list. Let us not be naive in thinking the increase in these types of crimes is not connected to the bullying persona of our current leader and his team. The views, arrogance, chaos and blatant disregard for those who do not share the president's perspectives are indeed fueling what we are experiencing as a part of the culture and climate of the country.
lettuce filled teeth.
Some will argue that this began with President Obama and this is partially true as it was driven by the fact that many could not and would not accept the fact that an African-American man became the most powerful man in the world. As a result, racism heightened due to that dissonance for too many. In fact, if you notice, it seems Trump is obsessed with undoing everything Obama did and even most likely ran for office under the notion that if a Black man can be elected president, anybody can. He thought the seat was an easy seat based on a Black man [Obama] holding it.
THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUMP by Michael D'Antonio. You'll see that Trump has not changed an iota over the years. His tone, words, and body language have stirred up his would-be imitators and wannabees and that's why we are seeing the hate crime numbers increase.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own. You can agree or disagree as I really do not share my thoughts for agreement or disagreement for that matter. I share my thoughts to encourage thinking. Come up with your own conclusions based on research and your own observations. If you do this, you will be able to connect the dots for yourself. Something to critically think about........
Hear me live each Saturday at 6 a.m. ET as I host The Reading Circle with Marc Medley. I interview authors from all over the globe discussing a wide variety of topics. The show is heard around the world on gobrave.org and locally in the New York area on FM Radio WP88.7 FM. I invite you to visit my website at thereadingcircle01.com and to follow me on Twitter @thinkcritical01 and @readingcircle01.