Monday, February 28, 2011

Pro Choice - Pro Consequences

There is no one who loves a good wordsmith, double entendre or play on words more than me. There may be some who equal, but none who surpass. Let me also state up front and for the record that I am pro choice in terms of a woman’s right to choose and at the same time pro consequence. I really don’t believe anyone has a right to dictate what someone else must choose, particularly with his/her body. I really do believe however, that one must make wise choices. Whether your choices are wise; unwise; good; or bad, all come with consequences.


I struggled with what angle I would approach this blog post concerning the billboard that was recently taken down in SoHo due to public outcry that read “The most dangerous place for an African American is the womb.” A report cited in recent years by the CDC states that white women accounted for the largest percentage of abortions (37.1%), followed by black women (34.4%), Hispanic women (22.1%), and women of other races (6.4%). White women had the lowest abortion rates (8.5 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratios (144 abortions per 1,000 live births); in contrast, black women had the highest abortion rates (32.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratios (480 abortions per 1,000 live births).

With those figures I can understand why someone or an organization would make an attempt to raise awareness about the high abortion rate particularly amongst African American women, but what I don’t understand is the wording along with the picture. Has anyone on that organization’s board ever heard of connotation and denotation? Have anyone of them ever heard of inference or implication? How about the plain old read between the lines or the possibility of some serious misinterpretation? We live in a country and perhaps world who at one point (and maybe still) wished that African Americans did not exist at all; that we never even reached the womb let alone it being the most dangerous place. Was it even considered that it could be racially charged? So we can conclude that the wording on that bulletin board was a bad choice that ended in a bad consequence. The sign was ultimately taken down.

Now let’s get to the bigger issue of good and bad choices along with their consequences. As the statistics above reveal, there are a whole lot of bad choices going on. We have to get to the root of these choices. I find it hard to believe that all of these folks made the good choice of using contraceptives and they did not work causing the choice of an abortion to be made. I just find it hard to believe that all of the condoms broke or all of the pills failed. Let’s get real; many of these choices for abortion had to be made because some bad choices were made up front. Choosing an irresponsible partner; poor if any planning at all; the “Oh it can’t happen to me” syndrome; the old just this one time syndrome; the old “If you really love me” syndrome, and on and on and on.

We must give some serious thought to the choices we make as each one comes with a consequence. The abortion rate really is not the issue; the choice to have irresponsible sex is. Yes Virginia, if the sperm meets the egg you can indeed get pregnant (For those old enough to remember, Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus). It’s sad that someone felt the need to place a beautiful African American child on a billboard with the tagline “The most dangerous place for an African American is the womb.” It’s even sadder that we refuse to take responsibility for our actions; that we refuse to be accountable. I am pro choice but I am also pro consequence. Something to critically think about and as always I welcome your comments in the comment section.

2 comments:

Victoria Kelley said...

Hi Mark,

You wrote a great article about Pro-Choice. I agree that abstinence goes a long way to preventing heartbreak.

However I would also like to direct you to the words "Pro-Choice"
I am not sure if you ever saw the series Maafa 21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnNi_qb7nY

It goes into great detail where the Planned Parenthood Centers and Pro-Choice attitude, came from came. Also why these centers were specifically placed in low income neighborhoods.

Eugenics was the original agenda and intent fro this "Pro-Choice". Once I researched all of this, it opened my eyes to some truly in-humane things, that were being done to control populations.

Abortion is the highest death rate in amongst the African American Community and that was pretty surprising to me, when I first did my research.

I guess people like Margaret Sanger got her wish after all, who was not only advocating womens rights, but she was also a racist. She was also connected to people like George Bernard Shaw who was also a part of the Fabian Society. Margaret was a puppet for the elites to push their agenda, into keeping the populations of African Americans and what these people also deemed "Idiots" under control.

There is an undertow going on with all of these mechanics.The 1920's had many devious plans laid to keep certain ethnic groups and populations in check.

Anyone who had some kind of mental disorder was sterilized so as not to breed more "Idiots" you can read more here: http://victoriakelley.org/teaching/?p=5473

Margaret Sanger and a few others put this planned parenthood operation into place to control the populations and especially control the African American Population.

I would suggest you watch the series Maafa 21 and tell me if that does not change your thoughts then.

There is a deceptive undertow that is going on in the world and "Pro-Choice" is just another thing that has moved into the "acceptance factor", within humanity into extermination our own kind.

Love and Blessings
Victoria

Marc A. Medley said...

Victoria,

I thank you so much for your comment. In fact I am floored that you know the history of Planned Parenthood. I learned of that years ago in a book entitled The Destiny of The Black Race by Carlisle John Peterson. He explains this very clear in Chapter 5 - Government Support For Scientific Racism. As I said I read this book years ago and you are the first person that I have come across that articulates the hidden agenda of Planned Parenthood.

When I say "Pro-Choice," I truly mean it in it's literal sense in terms of the woman making the choice and not someone else making the choice for her or taking away her options. So when I say "pro choice, I am truly saying that I believe the female ought to have the choice. We are not to judge. Her choice is between her and God. If you can find it and get a chance, get a copy of The Destiny of The Black Race. Mr. Peterson, definitely has some interesting views and perspectives.

Best,

Marc