Friday, August 12, 2011

The Slippery Slope Continues to Get Slipperier And Slipperier

Well we have opened the door and now that it has been opened we will now have to deal with it being opened. When Sesame Street premiered on Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) stations on November 10, 1969, I can assure you there was absolutely no thought of sexual orientation or even sex for that matter. These are puppets! Every time I think I have seen or heard the pinnacle of ridiculousness, I find myself having to stand myself corrected. Unfortunately there is no shock for me anymore, only sadness. The following link to an ABC News story about the sexual orientation of our beloved Ernie and Bert has reached my "pinnacle of ridiculousness" list. If you have not done so already, I encourage you to read the link in its entirety http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/light-legalized-sex-marriage-york-online-petition-urges/story?id=14275363.  People are actually signing petitions to have Ernie and Bert's sexual orientation declared. If that's not ridiculous I don't know what is. Can the similar wrath suffered by Sodom and Gommorah not be too far off?  The slippery slope is getting slipperier and slipperier.  I welcome your thoughts in the comment section of the blog.

No comments: