Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Ease of Use




I've been keeping my posts short as of late. As a critical thinker, I ask you to question the ease of use of the term "wetback" by a U.S. Congressman. This is a congressman who has been in Congress since the Nixon days.

"My father had a ranch; we used to hire 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes."
Rep. Don Young (R) Alaska
I don't think I have to say anything more as the comment speaks for itself. It's not even about a Republican or Democrat thing. It is deeper than that. Think about it, if you do the age math, a majority of our congressmen and senators were children or teens during the civil rights era. I am sure you can connect the dots.

I welcome your commentary in the comment section of  The Critical Thinker. You are also invited to follow The Critical Thinker on Twitter @thinkcritical01 and tune into The Reading Circle on Saturday mornings at 6 a.m. ET at www.gobrave.org and WP88.7 FM.


No comments: