Thursday, February 10, 2011

What Is Your Pet Peeve?

Well for a change I decided to write a lighter post so I picked a topic that is near and dear to my heart. I chose to write about one of my pet peeves (Trust me, there are many more, but I decided to choose this one for this entry). Some may say it could be obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), though I think it not, as it is more so the desire to see a piece of furniture used in the manner that it was designed to be used. By now I am sure I have piqued your curiosity, (even though the photo probably gave it away) that yes one of my pet peeves is to see clothing left sticking or hanging out of a dreser drawer or dresser drawers.  In my mind it is one of the most unsightly things to see clothing sticking out of a drawer not allowing the drawer to be grounded and flush with the dresser. It makes the entire room look unkempt and uncared for. I often use the term that it looks "ghetto." I know by now you are either laughing or thinking to yourself, this guy is nuts, but think about the message that it sends to those of us who must see this sloppiness. Bras, socks, pajamas, panties, boxers, blouses, t-shirts and the like blocking the drawer from properly closing allowing the dresser to look neat. Are we that much in a hurry that we can't take a minute to look back to ensure that everything is neatly tucked away in their drawer? Does it take that much effort to take a second look to make sure nothing is left flapping in the breeze? Do we actually think that clothes hanging partially outside of the drawer looks good?  So for all of you out there who routinely leave clothes hanging and peeking out of drawers, please, take a couple of more seconds to take that second look to make sure all of your dresser drawers are grounded and flush. What's one of your pet peeves?  I would love to hear about them. Laughingly.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant stand when people leave water around the sink. I lean against the sink when I wash my hands and it never fails that if someone leaves water there, I end up with two wet patches on the front of my pants.

Marc A. Medley said...

@readinghaspurpose I know what you mean about that one. That is one of my peeves as well. Definitely leaving water around the sink is one of mines as well. Thanks for your comment.

zaji said...

It is laziness to leave clothes hanging out of a drawer. Even if one didn't think it looked bad, it still speaks to how lazy the person it.

I don't like people who regurgitate what they've been told but do no research to see if their beliefs are founded. I think no matter where we get information, EVEN if it is what we experience, we need to research to see if our experience is the norm, or just a fluke. Nothing should be taken without knowing the truth about it. It annoys me when people just talk and talk without leaving any room for possibility where their beliefs are concerned, hence showing that they've done no research on what they are babbling about.

Followed your link from Twitter. I am @zajizee.